Saturday, July 28, 2012

update july ct scan

i have been off chemo since feb waiting for my metestatic uterine cancer to flair up. as promised, tumor markers increased and ct showed significant progression. we returned to the first combo that shrunk everything last year, taxol/carboplatin. i started this regimen july 17. i will get three treatments then another ct scan. if making progress we will continue with the last three treatments. most of the time i will get them every three weeks with a delay so we can go to captiva island fla with danny and donelle. really looking forward to that. i will be bald for the third time in a couple of weeks. yes i know it's just hair. this is my forth round. i am afraid the doc's predictions are coming true too soon, that my life will be shorter. don't want to borrow trouble but i know reality too. i try to live life well and trust God. yet i know most do not get their miracle. i need peace and strength for the road ahead, whatever that is. i am not giving up so don't think that. i still have too much to experience.

5 comments:

  1. You have been in my thoughts for the past week dear Diane. Yes I will pray for perseverance and to live life well. I love you friend. Life is in His hands. And with Him life continues forevermore in His presence. Enjoy your family and God's presence. Warm hugs. Salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so incredibly amazing and such a wonderful role model. You reminded me that no matter what stage my cancer is in or if I am shuffling meds to see what works best (that day ;) that God is in control. Knock on wood, my hair is only thinning because of the thyroid meds and I'm sure stress doesn't help. God is good, and is surrounding me (and you) with loving, caring people. So enjoy your vacation, and plz tell everyone I said hello. Blessings, my Friend. Laura King

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for God's peace to reign in the midst of this. I'm also praying for you to be able to enjoy your life to the full! I saw your beautiful daughter and her family in church last week and thought of you. You have many miracles all around you and I pray you will experience them to the full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check frequently for updates BUT you are a busy woman! Hopefully having some fun in this heat!!!!! Continuing to pray for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Diane..this is Salam (Sally) how are you doing??

    ReplyDelete