Friday, November 18, 2011

Here we go, Chemo Round 2 #1,

The first treatment was Tuesday Nov 15.  There will be 6 treatments in total given once a week skipping a weak when blood counts get too low.  And then there's the wonderful fatigue.  Oh yes, the yucky feeling that hits a couple of days after the infusion.

This round is due to that stubborn lymph node near my aorta the has now decided to grow accompanied by rising CA 125.  It sucks.

This time I decided to not try to be brave enduring the yuk feeling and muscle pain and take pain meds on the bad days.  There are no medals for suffering through chemo treatments.

And that is what I am doing today.  If you called and I did not answer, I don't feel like taking.  Besides, I am drunk today! 

I have made special requests not to be given advice, preached at, and not to hear about your relatives with cancer etc.  Thanks to those who honored my request. 

I want to live as normal as possible as long as I can so I tried to go to the first Awaited rehearsal this week without success.  I did however receive support and encouragement in the form of we love you's, come hang out whenever you can, and an "on the spot" prayer for my peace and strength.  Thank you Paula! 

I have a lot of movies to catch up on.  Maybe next week. 

12 comments:

  1. Know that we're praying with and for you . . . lots of love heading your way from Sarah and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty is refreshing Diane. Thank you for including us on this journey. There are no medals given as you say, but no one can ever argue with your bravery and willingness to fight. Blessings. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Wendy. I agree there are no Medals at this time. But if we can make a bracelet, we can make you a medal. :) Don't smack me now. I mean well. Diane, seriously though, I am proud of you. You go the distance girl. You deserve a medal for your bravery, your getting up after continually being knocked down winner mentality, honesty and unselfishness. So, rest when you need to and the rest of the time we are right behind you and we will push you or carry you if you need us. Otherwise, we will be around to be with you on your journey. Thank you for caring enough to share. I am quite sure it is helping someone. K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving you, girl from afar as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you and how brave and honest you are!

    HUGS...Gerson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet Diane. Would you like me to send you some of my chemo drugs that help with the nausea and yuck, I have EMEND, and Zophran. This stuff is great. I am sorry to hear that you have to go thru this journey one more time. You are so brave. I am so happy that you have so much love and support. I dont like the pain meds either, I have been very stubborn about not taking them, I am crazy and loopy enough without their help....I find that a heating blanket on low, brings comfort to the aching bones and muscles, and I wear women's cuddle duds, (silky longjohns) jc pennys has them, and kmart. They help during the daytime too. God bless and heal you. I am sending a million hugs from california. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks gail for your suggestions. I already have zofran and otther drugs. I like the pain meds. Ha. Loopy is good. So are hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,
    Just read the blog. Hang in there. Everyone else is doing the praying for you. Take care - love you - linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane,

    I would love to join you and your friends on "Doing Life Together". You and your family are very special to me.
    I am retired so if there is anything you need please feel free to call me.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. Linda and Barb could you let me know what your last name is? sorry I figure it out.

    diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane~ Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you.
    Miss seeing you.

    Hugs, Laura Davies

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's December 18th,I dont see where you've written since November. Im wondering how your doing.Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete