Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the last month.....

I know I have not updated for a while.  I had three treatments, one per week, then due to low blood counts had to take a break.  Gemzar does a number on your blood counts.  

On Dec 17, last Saturday, Dustin married Jessica.  The new Mr and Mrs Orner are in Mexico on their honeymoon.  We are now officially "empty nesters".  In exchange our family has grown and no one had to get pregnant and give birth!


We all had a great time. The Orner and Glaser families are so blessed!

My break ended yesterday with the 4th treatment.  We start again and I have to tell you I do not look forward to the next few weeks.  I will have follow up CT when the 6th treatment is done.  Not sure when that will be due to the blood count issue.  Fatigue is a big deal with Gemzar too along with feeling like I have the flu without actually having it.  My oncologist is taking good care of me doing all he can to make me feel as good as possible.  He can only do so much.  

I know it seems weird or something to post about Dustin and Jess' wedding then follow with cancer stuff.  But, that is what life is.  Both good and bad.  It comes to us all.  It is no respecter of persons.  God tells us that.  

So life goes on.  We celebrate life and at the same time fight the bad.  I still want my miracle. I was reminded tonight this cancer, as all our issues, problems, baggage etc belong to Him.  So does the good.  He promises to take care of us.  The tricky part is to let God do what he does!

6 comments:

  1. I wish nothing but goodness for you from the bottom of my heart!

    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new daughter (in-law:)! Loved your perspective, it is so true. God is good no matter what. Praying for you! Merry Christmas to you and David and a blessed 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating us on your progress. You are in our prayers and I also am praying for you to get your miracle. Congratulations on your son's marriage. God is so good to let roses bloom along with the thorns in life. Hold fast to
    God's promises. Hope your next treatment is not to hard on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you are so proud of Dustin and now have another to shower your love upon! Wishing you much joy this holiday season and praying for your strength and health. love you,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Diane,
    So nice to hear from you! I miss seeing you at work, but hope this time off has given you some peace and good times with your family. Rest up and enjoy the season as best you can!!!
    Lots of Love, Terri W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big hugs. For Frank's Christmas sermon he played his sax:"All is Well". During the message he also showed pictures from NASA & played the tape of "A Baby Changes Everything" - one pic he showed, while the song was playing, was from where they pointed the Hubble telescope into a dark space and left the shutter open for 10 days. They didn't see anything for 10 days. Just the darkness. Then, wowza. Another galaxy showed up. "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Cor 13:12. Keep your shutter open. Best love, Rusty.

    ReplyDelete