Sunday, January 22, 2012

round 3 number 1

well, it's a good thing I have 2 weeks to recover til next dose.  haven't left house since I got home from dinner with david and bill wed nite.  showers wear me out so david got me a shower chair.  yep, I am the owner of my first old lady equipment, unless you count the tight hose so my legs won't swell so much!  at least the chair helps so I don't get so out of breath in the shower before my legs give out.

I spend my days watching reruns of ncis and criminal minds watching the clock for the next time for my pain pills.  don't freak out you religious people but I was tempted to add some rum to the mix.  I understand why people in pain do that.  don't worry, I am very careful with my pain meds. 

I also understand why people went to kavorkian!  I could not do it but I understand more now than when I took care of people who were dying.

my head is tingling in anticipation of my hair failing out in a couple of weeks.  dustin, get your clippers ready.

I have found it does not matter how comfortable your chair is when you are in it 24/7!

it amazes me when grown men think they are "all that" when they catch a football and score points.  yeah, I love football season and miss it every year when it it over but come on.  Find a cure for say cancer, then I will say you're "all that".

sorry, you caught me on a bad day, and this is just a bit better than the last few.......just saying!











2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    Your words are sobering. I keep thinking of God's power and put my thoughts towards Him. I know we don't know His ways and He only wants the best for us. I believe that - even in the midst of your trial - I still believe He has His best in store for you. In my way - I want to see a miracle for you and a physical restoration and full healing - making this chemo poison all worth it. I pray for your strength to be increased - so you can enjoy a hot shower. To get thorugh each day at a time - to know there is light and hope at the end of all of this - Look for stories of hope and healing from others that have crossed this path. Anything to lift you. I hate cancer. I hate the enemy. I wish there was something I could do to make you more comfortable - but know I am praying. Prayer can change things. I am believing for you when it's hard for you to do. When you run out of strength on bad days you have many of us to lift you up in prayer. When can you get a test to see the progress of the aorta area- so we know the poison is doing its job? Keep us posted. A new year and new you ahead - let's push past the treatments and see what's next. Something to look forward to - with spring around the corner and life popping up everywhere - let's pray you will be too! Full of life! Healed! and Hair! I love you sister. Nothing's too big for our God! xo D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Diane and I am so sorry that you must go through this. I do not pretend to know what you are completely feeling right now. I am praying that God will give you strength to live your life daily and the wisdom to know what is possible each day for you to do. Let your body talk to you and for pete's sake listen! I know that is hard for you to do but the resting is so important. That means you - rest my friend during your down times and kick up your heels when you have the energy. If you are up to doing something do it! Don't waste a precious moment! AS for the shower chair thing - years ago I suffered from Chronic Fatigue and had not energy to stand in the shower. I learned that the Geriatric shower chair would become one of my friends. Let it become your friend by just sitting there and letting that hot water pour over you and caress your body. Take care and praying. Linda

    ReplyDelete