Tuesday, February 7, 2012

anticipation....

yes, it is 330am est.  I have second dose of "poison" of this round 3 in just a few hours.  I start feeling better, then they hit you, knock you down.  I've done this before.  I know it will be awful for days, I know I will feel better in a while.   but then I know next time it will be worse.  It will be worse every time. 


the rollar coaster of emotions.  better on days I feel better.  crappy on the days I don't.  


If this disease could just stay the same.  If I have to take multiple rounds of chemo then so be it.  I have never felt the cancer.  I never knew it had spread.  it jumped out on a ct scan.  I had just done awaited with my church family.  it was an amazing time.  I met great folks I would not have met and they have so enriched my life.  it would be just 11 short days later my life changed forever.  thanks to cr's, especially my "purple girls".


my freshwinds friends carried me through.  I hope they know but maybe they don't really realize.  I have never experienced friends like this before.


david has stepped up and taken care of me.  as some of you know, it is me that is suppose to take care of him.  this last year our insurance company spent more money on me than many previous years when david was sick.  this was never suppose to be.  I am the nurse, it is my job.


last year people kept telling me to fight.  I did not know how much good if any that would do.  one doc called me a "fatalist" because my attitude was one that God had it all planned out anyway.


I am not so sure now.  I do believe that God has a beginning and end determined.  but what goes in between seems not so much a divine plan or blueprint.  we have free will to choose.  we try to do the right thing.  but do we always choose the best.  I know I don't.


God's original plan was not for us to have death, disease, problems, etc.  His plan was to be paradise.  


then came the choice of adam and eve in the garden.  paradise gone.  death, disease, destruction now the norm.  God never planned this.  He does not do this to "teach us a lesson".  


God does deliver us from death, disease and destruction,just like He delivers from sin.


so, just maybe there is something to be gained in fighting against this terrible disease.  why else would someone take this "poison" in hopes of being found "no evidence of disease".   I will keep fighting.





16 comments:

  1. Keep fighting girl,miss you at work!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen ! Keep fighting sister drawing strength for the One within you. Love you. In my prayers. Salam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing person with impressive faith. If there is anything I can do for you or your family, please let me know!!

    Kim Wissman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, Diane. You are right--this is not what God planned for you. The Devil wants to destroy us--especially those that are not afraid to claim the NAME. Sometimes his attempts to destroy us are less obvious. God, please help my sister through this heated up battle today. Defend your child and your family once again! Let Your NAME be lifted up. Emmanuel, Diane, Emmanuel today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pleased to know that God has not abandoned you Diane. He is Faithful and able to Deliver you. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. The fight continues against this disease called Cancer. I pray for your Spirit, Soul, Mind and Body to be quickened with the Holy Spirit as you face the next session of chemo. I am proud of your desire to be well. May God grant that desire and fill you with His Presence. All my Love, your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you today. You are held today in the loving arms of our awesome God. I pray He will give you strength and peace as you continue your fight. Love from Oklahoma! Donna & Marcus Whitworth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there and keep fighting! Imagine the "poison" attacking all the cancerous cells, then imagine your immune system as a strong army to rebuild good cells. Thinking of you today. Khiang

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cried as I read your entry today......we have expectations of the order in which things are to happen and when those expectations are squished, we fly around like a bird in a tornado until someone turns the wind off and we realize, it's gonna be okay - we can still fly! For different people that has a different meaning, but just know you are loved and prayed for, by people you won't know til heaven cuz I think Mom has you and the family on Wycliffe's global prayer list. :)
    Kim Woods

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was the best blog you have written to date. So real and from the heart and soul. If anyone could look you in the face and tell you it makes sense or that they understand who gets sick, when and why ... they are liars. Just keep writing and educating others ... that for sure has meaning.

    Praying for you as always, Rhonda Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane,
    Glad to read this post. I pray for you every single day. I hope you get through this round okay. If you need anything please let me know. Miss you at work.
    God Bless You,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update, #1.....You are an amazing woman.

    Love you,
    #2

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think about you a lot Diane. I wish nothing but the best for you. Keep up the good fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane, You remain in mine and Lenny's prayers. I love your latest blog..no use pretending, God knows and see's all our confusion and hurt, he knows that we cann't possible understand these things. Just know that he holds you securely in his arms and the Holy Spirit will be with and in you as you face yet another round. I won't tell you to be brave because you know what, you don't have to be God knows your frame. Cry out to him for the strength needed to keep on keeping on. In God's Great Love, Katherine Hickey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I agree with Rhonda; great blog update this week. Thanks for keeping it "real"; know we are praying for your strength and healing! Miss you, Peter & Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane, Glad you are hanging in there and keeping on despite your circumstances. That's a life lesson for us all. You are living the faith walk daily, moment by moment! We pray for you daily and looking forward to the day you will be at our door in Chandler in anticipation of the Ohio State game and sharing your humor with us and the latest update on the family. Of course, you don't have to wait until Ohio State comes to the Fiesta Bowl to visit, 'cause we know that could be a long time! Mi Casa, Su Casa or something like that! Love, Kim & Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome comments. Great insight. Love, Rusty

    ReplyDelete