Thursday, May 26, 2011

how do you make a hormone?

You forget to pay her!!  har, har......

Sorry but wanted to laugh a bit......

Went to the doctor on Monday.  I know that's a surprise, another doctor visit.  He was almost ecstatic.  Very pleased to say the least.  All tumors smaller, remember I was only given a 60% chance of remission.  Remission is defined as cancer not active, smaller and no new sites.  He did not expect it to go away.  I was and still am hoping for a different kind of miracle.  The one that the cancer is ALL GONE!  It could happen you know!

But for now I started the next therapy.  Hormone therapy, hence the lead off joke!  It is a form of progesterone.  It is to make the remission last longer.  It is also used as primary therapy and makes tumors smaller. 

The pharmacist told me it is also used to treat anorexia.  Now, that is all I need.  A life saving drug that could make me eat more.  The dose is 5 pills a day.  If being treated for anorexia you take all 5 at once.  So I will divide the dose!  Hopefully it will kill the cancer and not make me eat myself silly!

Took the boys to the movie while Michelle and Haley were at the cheer gym nearby.  They split up for the ride back to the gym and Blake rode with me.  Upon arriving back at the gym I took off my wig and replaced it with a bandana.  I said to him "Look at grandma's bald head".  "Is it all over" he asked.  "Yes" I replied and I showed him.  "That's sad" Blake said.  What a tender 7 year old.  Then I told him "no, it's not.  The medicine is making the cancer smaller.  It will grow back".  I hope he is ok and does not worry.  It is hard to know what's in a kid's mind, you know?  I always believed you should be honest with kids.  Come to think of it, mine turned out pretty good. 

3 comments:

  1. GREAT news Diane!!! I agree with you - would love to see this bad boy erradicated totally. And regarding the meds ... at least you have a great excuse to eat more -- ha!!!

    Still praying ... and thankful that God is working in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kiddo...i am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Please tell David happy belated birthday! If it ever slows down up here, Denise and I want to come down to see you. You know you are in my thoughts. Hope nothing but the best, and love you with all of my heart...Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean dear Diane about Hormones... Don't worry if you gain wait, you can lose it later!!
    We will ask god to vanish these smaller tumors. The Lord is able...
    Love Ya...
    Salam

    ReplyDelete