Monday, May 2, 2011

next steps

last treatment this round
notice the bags that hold
the "poison" hanging
above my head!

Before this treatment I had to have a Neupogen injection last Friday.  My white blood cells had fallen and this injection helps my bone marrow make new ones so I can have the "poison" take them down yet again.  Cannot afford to get an infection as my body will have a difficult time fighting infection without adequate numbers of WBC's!

Saw the doc before the treatment as usual.  The shot worked, treatment as usual.  We will scan again next week and go from there. Also drew tumor marker CA125 today.  Both tests will either confirm or deny remission.  

My cancer is the kind that responds well to hormone therapy.  My hormones bit the dust a while ago!!!  Not the right hormones anyway.  Still have to take the pills.  We will start them probably in four weeks.  We don't want the hormone therapy to interfere with the poison doing the rest of it's job.  We are going to be "aggressive" with this cancer.  The hormones will prolong remission, we hope!

Even though Dr Crane does believe in prayer and miracles.  He has to give me the facts, medically speaking.  I appreciate that he told me upfront he will always be honest with me.  But he adds, he has been surprised by some of his patients that defied the odds.

Overall, statistically speaking, the odds are not in my favor.  Uterine cancer is the most common of gynecological cancers and when caught early, removed with no evidence of spreading, has a very good mortality rate.  For you non-medical types, they live longer.  That was the prognosis given to me in June 2009.  That changed January 2011.  When uterine cancer metastasizes, spreads, the mortality rate goes remarkably down.  Survival rate of 12 months or less.  I did warn you not to read my blog if you cannot handle it.   

I have to know the truth medically speaking.  I cannot hide from it.  I do not discount miracles.  So no sermons needed, at least today.  I am remarkably calm today.  But I don't feel bad yet.  That will come Wednesday....................

This is what I am fighting for, in no particular order:




 


The rest of you know who you are!!!

I love you!

PS:David told Dr Crane about his healing when he was hit by a car at 15yrs old.  He was in a body cast for several months.  One night his mom prayed to God for his healing.  You see he was told he would not walk again.  She cried out to God, " You COULD if you only WOULD".
You all know what happened.................Dr Crane said they should have turned that in for the second miracle for the Sainthood of Pope John Paul II !!
He has a great sense of humor.   A merry heart doeth good like a medicine!
Yay GOD!




14 comments:

  1. I Love your candid but full of FAITH spirit Diane I Love you and am praying your strength

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diane,

    You are so brave and courageous! I pray for your healing every day. May God bless you with all His warmth and Love. You have a beautiful family! See you soon, Terri W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fitting that you should end your treatments and our Jason starts his. You are fighting for the right thing. I love you. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful reasons to fight for!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your courage and fight is one of our biggest assets along with hope. I was dx' with bladder cancer in 1/07 and I am now going on 4 yrs. but wouldn't you know it they found another tumor not a met on my left kidney 1.3 cm so I got a cryoablation for that so time will tell. I wish you all the best in your fight and those pictures are sure worth fighting for. God Bless, Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Diane, I am a survivor too of breast cancer, this is a fight dear, worst then vs Osama!!! Please keep your faith in the highest! Every day is a chance so dont waste your time of feeling bad. Jesus is power, so power!!! I send you my prayers and bigs hugs from La Paz, BCS Mexico. Love.. Lorena Balarezo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Diane,

    Keeping you in my prayers. This has been a tough journey for you. It is a reminder to me to watch for God's love in the good times and the bad times of life. He is always there, even when you feel alone. Keep fighting!

    love, Ginger a fellow RN and friend of Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane

    I love your blog and wish you the best. I survived a bleak diagnosis stage IV tonsil cancer. 5 Weeks of chemo 24-7 and 50 radition treatments later I am here to talk abpout it 2 years later. Looking at your photo gallery you have a lot to fight for. Livestrong.

    Joe W

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best! keep the faith is all i have to say now...i have to undergo a pet-scan in a few days..in remission since Jan2011 after being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, Today I will be praying for you ... for strength, for power, for healing ... that you feel good today! I love you and wish I was closer so I could visit with you!
    Debbie Walker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane, We gotta remember to pray for those WBC's. You have a great family. Hang tough. We all love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Diane, I just saw your blog through the LiveStrong link in facebook. I am praying for you and your beautiful family. I know what your are going through as I am also fighting cancer (breast). I will have my last Taxol treatment in 2 weeks and then I will have radiation for 7 weeks. God is with us and he will take care us. Take care and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't posted in a while BUT that doesn't mean we haven't been praying!!!! KEEP FIGHTING Sista!!!! You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diane, please count me in as a prayer partner. I saw your post on the facebook page of Foundation for Women's Cancer and felt convicted to be part of your team in your journey. Stand fast!

    ReplyDelete