Saturday, January 29, 2011

stuff day!

There is a tradition at Christ Hospital known as "stuff day".  You may know it as "carry in dinner" or something like that.  It's where everyone brings in their favorite food and everyone "stuffs" their face all day.  Usually this happens in connection with a celebration of some kind.  A new baby, new employee, old employee moving on, some worthy accomplishment. 

Yesterday my work colleagues had a "stuff day" for me.  They wanted to support me in my fight against this poison called cancer that has decided to give me the fight of my life.  They are joining me in my fight, lifting me up, praying for me, holding my hands up like Aaron did for Moses when the battle was raging and depended on Moses' hands being held high to win the battle. Now that might seem a bit dramatic but to me, that's what it is.

I am deeply humbled by the love shown me yesterday by my colleagues.  Thank you so much Christ Hospital Cath Lab / Angio / CVRU and ANYONE else who took part.  I don't know who everyone is, but you know who you are.  Both near and far.  There are no words that can express my love and gratitude to you.

I am holding out for a miracle here.  So when that happens we will party all over again.  My prayer is that God will richly bless all of you.

Love, diane

5 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! Amen and AMEN!!!!!! Continuing to pray for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, we are all praying for you!!! Hang in there, we will all be right there beside you!
    Cammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I know your heart may seem heavy right now, but we are all here to help you carry the load. Lots of Love and Prayers are traveling your way (at high speed) right this minute! Stuff Day was truly our pleasure. I am so happy to be a part of such a "kick butt" team of people. We Love you much! Terri W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane -

    I am finally figuring out - after 3 trys - how to post on this thing. I think I have it now!

    Been thinking of you so much lately along with two others I recently learned are in this battle just like you are. I watch all three of you strong, bright and beautiful women and every time walk away completely awe inspired.

    Ultimately, He does not promise ANY of us tomorrow in the physical realm and we need not take it for granted. I can relate so closely to your hard exterior but I am SO PROUD to see you RECEIVING during this journey. Know He is using you to give hope to others. Please continue to share and receive all of the pain and blessings you have in your heart.

    You are so loved and admired!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful show of love and support. Not only a feeding of the body but one of the soul as well. Love you Diane!! Linda

    ReplyDelete