Tuesday, February 8, 2011

chemo #2

today the doc was going to adjust the dose since the fatigue gets worse with each treatment.  I said don't do it.  I would rather feel bad and get more meds to the "poison" so we can get this &$!+.... so he said we would see how I do with the same dose as last time. Kelly came a watched movies with me today.  David went back to work for a while.  Nice to spend time with Kelly.  Had not talked to her for a while.

I figured out some advantages for not having my own hair:

  • saves money on hair dresser appts.  will miss the great conversation, Jan
  • also save on hair color supply
  • waking in the wind the hair does not blow in my mouth
  • when leaning over the sink to brush my teeth nothing gets in my way
  • no eating hair with food
  • David can have the hair dryer all to himself, all thirty seconds it takes him the dry the "strip" around the bottom of his head
  • if my head get hot I can just pull off my hat or wig
  • when it grows back I know that I look good in short spiky hair, since I used to have hair almost that short
  • it should shorten my preparation time significantly
  • I'm sure there are more, and I will come up with them as time passes, feel free to chime in.
went to whole foods-depressed in there
then went to bed bath and beyond-better in there
then to walmart-always great there

better get some shut eye. will try to go for staff meeting in am.  based on last time I should be ok to do that.

4 comments:

  1. Sending loads of love & encouragement for the days ahead! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah #2 down!!
    Yes I remember you with the short spike hair & I really like it that way....It really is much easier but you carried it well...I've always wanted mine like that but my texture must not be right. There are day's when I look at pictures & think wow why don't i go extremely short again.
    You my see me one day that way who know's..John always tell's me when I go for a haircut he never knows what he's coming home to.LOL
    That really is true. It depends on the mood I'm in on that day.....Praying you don't get more fatiged after this treatment.....Just remember to take breaks & rest..Prayer's & hug's sent your way. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one brave lady- i will pray special blessings on you for this treatment. you are beautiful inside and out- hair or no hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one brave lady- I will pray God's blessing for this treatment. You are beautiful inside and out- hair or no hair.

    ReplyDelete