Monday, February 7, 2011

If you are squeamish, don't read!

It is done.  I wanted to leave it in as long as I could but Sat I could not even style it because it was coming out by the comb and brush fulls.  Poor David has been cleaning hair for a while.  It was time.  Dustin was more than up for the task!  He had experience buzzing heads at college!

We were at Michelle's for the big game.  My "hair" started bothering me so I replaced it with a hat.  I hung my hair on a 2 liter bottle since I did not have my proper stand.  Haley says are you going to let us see.  I will be this way for a while so am I gonna be one of those folks that is so veign that even my family can't see.  Nick was a little reserved.  I asked if it bothered him and he was worried about me.  I shared with them that my friend who had lost her hair reminded me that when my hair falls out that means the chemo is also getting the cancer too.  They were pleased with that.  Blake noticed the wig propped up on a 2liter bottle and said it was creepy.  It made him think it was me......that Blake is so funny.



last week.
saturday just before the deed.  David just could not keep cleaning hair

saturday just before the deed.  I could not style because my hair was coming out with each pass of the brush and comb


saturday just before the deed

after the buzz!  notice the pictures behind me, they were drawn during the 70's for Michelle and me!

right profile


left profile





new look














my favorite team



































And so it is!

20 comments:

  1. Diane, you look great. You honestly look better with a buzz than I ever would. Keep fighting. Love you, Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, you are awesome! Love ya sister, Carol K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Your spirit is amazing. Just keep smiling and praising God! I would have loved to have seen Dustin do that. I love you girl! MarCee

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new do! And I remember those drawings! I am praying for you and know that you will livestrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, I really like the new buzz do..you look really good and young, the wig is good to, but the OSU look is totally awesome...That's my favorite. I know your hair was straight before all this yuck happened but most people I know that have lost their hair get it back a different color and the opposite of what it was before. I hope you like curly hair. I think you would look awesome in any hairstyle, you are so awesome and I'm praying for you every day..Your here for a reason and that is to put smiles on all of our faces. Love Ya! Mary A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, you look beautiful with or without hair. Part of that is your outer beauty but a big part of it is your inner beauty. It has been awhile since I saw someone with such a beautiful smile and twinkle in their eye like you! Hang in there! I pray for you every night.

    Jean Kissinger (Lori's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your courage - your willingness to share. You are a phenominal woman.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,

    you are beautiful. I love that you are being so transparent in a difficult period in your life. your courage is inspiring to me and to our friends. I appreciate your attitude towards cancer. you have always been a fighter. I am proud to see you taking the fight to then enemy in your body. We will WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you and your family. You look great and might want to keep this look. Think how much time you would save on maintenance!
    -Susan Schechter

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love and are praying for you
    Jeff and Casey George

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I had your eyes! You look amazing!! I am so incredibly proud of you and how you are holding up through all of this. And yes, you would find a way to bring laughter into this situation. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're very brave and not at all vain...........I'd probably never be able to do that with a smile on my face!

    Donna Haskins

    ReplyDelete
  13. you do look beautiful! You are an ispiration to many people. Big, Warm hugs............

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit, as tears roll down my face...the beauty that I see in you supersedes these picture with hair or without. I see a person, a woman, a friend, who is finding joy in each day. Diane I have never seen more beauty in you than I do right now.

    We've got to do "Say the Name" on the 26th if you're up for it. I am saying the name for you. Good night my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The above was from me...Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Somehow, Dan, I knew that was from you! Should be up for it if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diane, you look just gorgeous with your head buzzed; I agree with the person who said the OSU hat is your best look ;-) Sorry the meds have to make you feel so crappy, praying the cancer is vanishing more each day!!! Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sis, you are beautiful no matter what. At least you know we are not coneheads, lol! I love you and am amazed of how you are dealing with this. God made you perfect to me inside and out. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Diane - My name is Christine. Your son is our Worship Leader at my church. My husband and I LOVE him :)
    This blog site is a great idea. Most people keep everything to themselves. I love your open/honest approach and you have a beautifully shaped head :) (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so beautiful. I remember shaving my mom's head. So hard at the time and so freeing. We pray for you many times each day. You will beat the enemy!!

    Love, Tonya Kelley

    ReplyDelete