Saturday, February 5, 2011

my take....

it's about time you heard from me.

the holistic oncologist:  he is a very kind and caring man.  we both liked him a lot.  he talked about creating an environment that is toxic to the cancer. fruits, veggies, organic as much as possible, low glycemic foods, you gotta get rid of the weight around your middle, no processed food, supplements, accupuncture, massages every week.  wait a minute, massages every week?  now you're talking.  I can do that. 

while he was giving us his thoughts I looked at David and said you know, you have heart disease and stroke.  the doc said yea, this is for you too. 

I went to Kroger and started looking through the natural food section.  my daughter already eats soy in place of dairy.  they have some acceptable stuff there.  tried the ezekiel brand of bread.  sprouted grain bread.  really not bad.  crunchy.  the thing I noticed most is, man this is expensive.  oh well, don't they say you get what you pay for?

main thing, this is not a diet, it's a lifestyle.  gradual lifestyle change.  there is no way to do it all at once.  well at least I can do the massages right away! 

what did David hear?  we need to be transitioned in a month when we see him again.  we were in the same room right?  hmmmm...............

1 comment: